BABOK Study Group 2023
** Please note that our 2023 BABOK Study Group is full. If you're interested in future editions, please subscribe to our mailing list so that we can keep you informed. **
The IIBA® Brussels Chapter wants to foster awareness about the added value of business analysis for organisations. By promoting and facilitating the understanding of the BABOK®, we want to proactively contribute to the professionalisation of business analysis in Belgium. The more organisations will recognise this, the better the professionals will be recognised in their profession.
We do this by organising meetups for the BABOK study group in which we will:
- Facilitate, present & discuss chapters of the BABOK interactively;
- Exchange practical experiences between practitioners linked to the chapters discussed;
- Work in teams and make the BABOK come to life by applying ‘theory’ to real-life cases.
Such interaction really helps to understand the BABOK in ways that cannot be obtained by reading a paper or sitting in a classroom. It's a great way to learn from others, regardless of their experience. Solid explanations and interactive dialogue are indispensable for understanding all aspects of BABOK.
As in life, study group activities require students to form a basis for discussion to understand the nuances to perform a task or complete an objective. For those who have never performed a specific Business Analysis task before, the activity comes to life in a way not usually captured in dry, technical documentation, and allows the participant to better comprehend what is occurring and how it is solved.
|So make no mistake, this is not a simple reading of the BABOK Knowledge Areas, but a truly interactive and participative effort required from the participants. This is not limited to the sessions themselves, but requires additional preparation efforts and interaction with your colleagues outside the study group sessions. This allows participants to take maximum advantage of the support the IIBA Brussels Chapter offers you.|
Before we start the study group, there is a comprehensive hybrid information session to which you will be invited. Here you can ask all your questions before starting the actual study group.
The study group itself starts with a free, open introduction session where:
- We will give an overview of the BABOK and how to read it;
- We will explain more in detail the set-up of the Study Group (expectations, commitments, …);
- The teams will be set up and choose their respective real-life cases.
After this kick-off, we organise several follow-up sessions in which we start a discussion on each of the BABOK Knowledge Areas, ending with a presentation of a Case Study.
The participants will need to prepare themselves for each of these sessions. There will be several weeks between sessions to give participants sufficient preparation time.
Dates for the 2023 Study Group sessions:
- 06/12: Free, open introduction session
- 31/01: Kickoff session (In-person DXC - Mechelen)
- 16/02: Elicitation & Collaboration (Online session)
- 09/03: Strategy Analysis (Online session)
- 30/03: Requirements Analysis and Design Definition (Online session)
- 20/04: Solution Evaluation (Online session)
- 11/05: Requirements Life Cycle Management (Online session)
- 01/06: Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring (Online session)
- 28/06: Present Case Study (In-person Ordina - Mechelen)
We welcome you for each in-person session as of 18h00 with some catering.
Each session starts at 19h00 and lasts until 21h00. For a small fee of 230,- Euro you can participate in all sessions(*).
- IIBA members enjoy a 50,- Euro discount.
- Participants of a previous Study Group of the IIBA Brussels Chapter receive a discount of 50,- Euro.
- In case you don't need a BABOK hard copy, a discount of 30,- Euro will be calculated.
All these discounts can be combined.
We set this fee low because we are not aiming for profit, but we want to maximise the impact on the local BA community.
Please register below to join our Study Group. The link to the online sessions will be communicated to all participants.
(*) Register by 13 January 2023 to ensure receiving your hardcopy version of the BABOK guide by 31/01.